It’s quite an honour and achievement to be picked out as one of best in the country. Radio.co founder, James Mulvany, took to the stage at the Northern Stars grand final at Tech North for a 3 minute pitch with 2 minutes Q&A from judges at the end. James demonstrated how easy it is for broadcasters to start their own online radio station.
— Vicki Shiel (@vickishiel) November 17, 2016
Radio.co has has a good first year and grown revenue substantially month on month since launch. We now power over 2000 stations and our clients attract over 30 million listeners per month through our network.
At the event there were loads of tech startups and people from the industry showing their love and support at Tech North:
— Kane Fulton (@KaneFulton) November 17, 2016
— Martin Bryant (@MartinSFP) November 17, 2016
— Lucy Roue (@LJRoue) November 17, 2016
— Manchester Digital (@McrDig) November 17, 2016
It wasn’t just Radio.co walking away with an award as out of the 20 companies that pitched only 10 walked away as winners. Here are the other 9 companies that won Northern Stars 2016:
- Airtime Rewards: Clever tech linking retail transactions to mobile phone bill discounts.
- Ash.tv: Mobile-focused video advertising.
- Dream Agility: helping retailers get onto Google Shopping with its feed-focused tech.
- DueCourse: Unlocking the funds in unpaid invoice.
- LivingLens: deep video analysis for marketers.
- ProxiSmart ParkingPerx is beacon-based parking payment with retail rewards to make parking free.
- Swapbots: Augmented reality brings these toys to life.
- TopicDNA: Helps marketers harnesses the social interest graph on Twitter and Instagram.
- Valuechain: Powering smarter supply chains for industry.
— Tech North (@TechNorthHQ) November 17, 2016
Radio.co was showcased as the best in England within the tech industry with and a brilliant award!