Audio is an extension of your station’s brand, just like visual branding defines your look and feel, audio branding defines your station’s sound.
- Increases brand awareness.
- Defferentiates you from competitors.
- Allows your audience to connect with you on a deeper level.
- Creates brand communities.
Defining Station Sounds
- Signature Jingle: A strong and unique audio clip encapsulates what your station represents.
- Signature Functional Sounds: Anything from sound effects to sweepers or background audio that fits the tone and feel of your station.
- Signature Voiceovers: Distinctive voice overs that can be used in your station’s shows.
Specific sounds can evoke powerful emotions and can stay with us for decades, take the “Holidays Are Coming” Coca-Cola ad.
Your station's sounds have to be unique and consistent so they're easily memorable and embody your audio's brand.
Branded sounds stay with you for a long time and are easy to recall, so when you think of a particular jingle or sound, you associate it with the source.
Your Unique Audio Branding
Audio like your logo, functional sounds, music, and voice overs can be branded to fit your station’s image and tone.
Consistently repeating and playing your branded audio will leave a lasting mark on listeners.
Join the Radio.co University
We regularly release new videos covering marketing techniques and production tips. Sign up and be the first to get notified when they come out.